TikTok users have been let upset as the app appears to be down in 2022 with several people getting a message that states “no internet connection.”
Social media users have been left upset as many reported they were unable to log into their accounts and had been getting an error message.
As of now, an official confirmation of what went wrong has not been reported. However, people do not seem too happy about what happened.
“No internet connection” error sweeps TikTok
On September 9, several people took to Twitter to reveal they had been having issues trying to log in as they were greeted with a message that said “no internet connection.”
As of now, TikTok has not commented on what went wrong but looking at how several people have been having this issue, it seems like it could be a bug.
This is not the first time when TikTok users have suffered a problem such as this. However, given that many have been facing this issue, it can be said that it will be resolved soon.
Some methods to try and fix this issue
While there has been no official response from TikTok, there are a couple of things that you can try and see.
- Check for updates: Make sure that your app is updated. Most of the time these errors are fixed by bringing a new update for the phone.
- Clear the cache: Make sure you have cleared all the caches. If you haven’t and wish to do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to settings and select storage
- Select the Apps option from it
- Select TikTok from the list. If you are not able to find it, use the search bar to locate the app
- Once you have selected the platform, you will see a clear cache or clear storage data
How to update your TikTok
To update TikTok on your phones, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the App store or Play Store
- Search for “TikTok”
- On the right hand side, select “update”
The app will automatically start the update. If you don’t see an update sign it means that your app is up-to-date.
In other news, Parents ask if schools will be closed tomorrow after Queen’s death